The District Library, North 24-Parganas, is under the management of the Ramakrishna Mission Boys’ Home and is located in its campus. Established in 1956, the library has proved itself to be a great asset to the reading public of the locality. It has now 56,540 volumes of books and subscribes 4 daily newspapers and 39 periodicals in English and Bengali. There is a well-equipped free Reading Room with a Reference Section, a Textbook Section and a Children’s Section. During 2013-2014, 8369 books were issued and 14,362 readers attended the Reading Room.