At first the School obtained recognition as a High School from the Calcutta University in January 1949. When in 1950 the Secondary Education was taken over by the Board of Secondary Education, the School was permitted to send up candidates for the School Final Examination of the Board. From 1957 it was upgraded to a Higher Secondary Multipurpose School with four streams, viz, Humanities, Science. Technical and Commerce. It has been sending up candidates for the Madhyamik Pariksha of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education since 1976 under the new pattern of Secondary Education.