This institution started in August, 1957 as Junior Basic Training College. Under Govt. Order the name has since been changed to Primary Teachers’ Training Institute. It offers a two-year course of which the trainees are competent to undertake teaching work in Primary and Junior Basic Schools. It has an intake capacity of 120 students. Minimum qualification for admission to the Course is Higher Secondary. Successful Trainees are awarded D.EL.Ed.